We are looking for a talented and experienced Assistant Manager to support our General Manager and help to lead our amazing Front of House team with gusto!
We offer competitive rates of pay depending on experience and a real opportunity for career progression within our independent company.
We have a passion for serving great food and drinks with a smile. The pub is based in the beautiful location of Avoncliff, nestled on the canal towpath by Avoncliff station between Bath and Bradford on Avon. We’re a traditional country pub with contemporary craft flavour. With original timber beams, open fires, beautiful gardens with extended al fresco dining space, panoramic views of the river Avon & a very warm welcome – the Cross Guns is a true destination pub.
We are an independently owned & privately funded company. We have three pubs with gorgeous gardens to cater for our customers and events. We’re incredibly proud of what we do, continuously striving to be the best, and that means we want only the best teams around us to ensure we deliver the very best service in the industry.
We are looking for highly motivated, passionate, skilful, energetic AGM with great knowledge of food and able to work under pressure, together with the drive to exceed customers’ expectations and with pride. As part of our Front of House Team, you will be the heart and soul of the business, engaging with the local community and our customers.
Personal Qualities for this Role:
· Ability to focus on attention to detail
· Previous experience in an Assistant Manager role
· High standards of personal presentation
· Confident and courteous
· Able to motivate and encourage teams
· High standard of communication skills
· Hardworking, committed, and willing to develop business, team, and self.
· Flexible in the approach to the business’s needs (tasks, hours, and responsibilities).
Role & Responsibilities:
· To support business owners and General Manager in delivering business aims and objectives
· Coordinating the restaurant during scheduled shifts.
· Delivering exceptional service.
· Managing staff and providing them with feedback.
· Ensuring that all employees are polite and presentable at all times.
· Ensuring that all employees deliver essential product knowledge.
· Meeting and greeting customers, organising table reservations.
· Advising customers on menu and wine choice.
· Recruiting, training, and motivating staff.
· Organising and supervising the shifts of kitchen, waiting and cleaning staff.
· Handling customer enquiries and demonstrating positive problem-solving.
· Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety.
· Ensuring that the business complies with legislative compliance issues, such as health & safety, food hygiene etc.
· To maintain the security of all stock, cash, and customer belongings while on the premises
· Checking stock levels and ordering supplies.
· Preparing cash drawers and providing petty cash as required.
· To complete the closedown of the business with due regard for security and safety.
· To assist in the management of financial targets and budgets to maximise profitability
· Helping in any area of the restaurant & bar when circumstances dictate.
This position is a great chance to grow and develop your career and to be part of something special. If this sounds like your kind of job, we’d really like to hear from you.
Apply now by using the form below.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £21,000.00 per year